Monday, July 6, 2009

Platinum Links: I keep forgetting to post edition...

1. Here's a reason why I don't do much on Facebook anymore. When I'm putting something out that anyone can read, it's probably better if I have to at least think (briefly) about possible unintended consequences of my actions.

2. Apparently it was a good idea to switch to verizon for more than just use of my phone in the metro. Not that I actually have a data plan or anything...

3. I read this article and only one thing went through my head. What if public schools or the big three auto companies actually applied this? My guess is that we'd still have a car industry and a bunch more students would be learning in school.

4. Who's going on vacation? Kudos to whoever can figure out what place would be number one on my list of places to go...

5. My sister will certainly appreciate this article about her favorite restaurant. No, this is not a joke.

6. This is good news for my hometown and all the other apparently "boring" cities out there.
Describing how conferences are not being booked in Las Vegas, someone says, "In the quest to demonize travel, we're killing jobs." You mean to say that when gov't officials demagogue against business people, it can have unintended consequences? Well paint me red and shove a crowbar up my nose!


No comments: