Friday, July 24, 2009

Platinum Links: I've been productive today edition

1. Video on American consumption habits over the past quarter century or so. I'd like to say that I'm pretty meticulous about how I spend my money and absolutely hate debt. Definitely something I learned from my parents.

2. This looks much more like 21st century education in my mind. No clue whether it will work, but it's definitely the kind of innovation I like. Knowing the state of Hawaii, they will adopt this 20 years from now (regardless of evidence from this attempt), roll it out to every school, say that it will cure all ills, overpay for "consultants" to help them put it into place, and still not have air conditioning at most of the schools on the island.

3. Talk about barriers to entry! Interesting to think about, especially considering this video...




4. I'll be honest. I often find myself falling into this mental trap of being angry about bundling. My largest complaints are for things like cell phones, stadium food concessions, and definitely cable. But then I let my rational side calm me down and look for someone like Megan Mcardle to remind me of what I know in the back of my mind. Bundling happens all the time and it's good for me.

5. Advance Directives and google health. Get one if you don't already...

No comments: