Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hawaii Brah!

I've traveled back to Hawaii to meet up with a crew of my friends from my days in Teach For America. So far it has been less than 24 hours and I'm having a blast. Pictures will follow in the near future, but here are some quick indiscriminate observations about returning to the islands...
  1. The weather here really is as nice as I remember it.
  2. In Hawaii, driving in the left lane on the highway means going the speed limit.
  3. Almost every house in Hawaii is a ranch house...ewwwwww.
  4. My desire to consume news about the mainland grows based on my distance from it.
  5. It's really great seeing old friends who are still here.
  6. I love Jamba Juice and Macadamia nuts.
  7. Delta has, on their long flights, personal video monitors with tv, games, music, and movies for free (in the sense that the cost is included in my ticket)
  8. Hawaii has amazing hikes to go on.
  9. Sleeping on couches really isn't that bad when you haven't slept in 24 hours.
  10. I'm not an angry person, but certain things that happened while I was on this island make me want to punch a wall...and those feelings aren't gone a year later.
  11. Waiting to hear back about job stuff is easier when you spend the day hiking a mountain and going to flea markets.
That's it for now. Stay tuned for more updates...all six of you.

No comments: