Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Plaxico Burress, I don't get it.

I get that Plaxico Burress had a gun, and that he shot that gun in public, but he only shot himself... by accident... in the leg. Remind me because I can't seem to understand, why are we punishing him? How is he a danger to society?

I think it's safe to assume that Plexico learned his lesson about firearms but where is the civil threat?

Frankly, if I were the football player responsible for catching a pass that toppled perfect season of the New England Patriots, you're god damn right I'm carrying a gun. Fact I might even carry two. This is a perfect example of an individual aiming to protect himself and the state eroding that right. I'm not a big second amendment kind of guy, but I do take some level of comfort, however crazy the thought, in the fact that American can protect themselves.

Maybe I'm missing something big but from my perspective now the treatment of Plaxico Burress's case is totally not Platinum.

No comments: