Saturday, September 19, 2009

Platinum Links

1. Check your grammar online for free...up to 100 words.

2. This is what I will use from now on to explain computer issues to my parents. Enjoy!

3. It's really odd to be able to find out so easily something I've wondered about for quite a while...how much money my parents (well, one of them) makes.

4. This article just makes me sad. This is, check that, was a really great neighborhood that seems determined to drive away business. There are two things that come to mind when I read something like this:
  1. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Everything involves tradeoffs. You can keep your neighborhood looking exactly the way it looked however many years ago you moved in, but that means that there won't be new businesses and many of the old ones will leave eventually.
  2. "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken
5. I find myself thinking about this article in the context of every job I've ever had. Great quote:
And I know this: the first sign that you are outside of your strengths is when you can’t make yourself do the work you need to do.
6. Smartlists...read the one about the defense department. Fascinating stuff.

No comments: