Saturday, August 29, 2009

Platinum Links

1. Facebook, destroyer of lives everywhere...

2. Oy! Google just added another language...guess which one?

3. Do you go to one of America's douchiest colleges?

4. What is it that makes Roger Federer so awesome? It's truly remarkable to see how clearly they can analyze his game.

5. Here's a fascinating first-person account of a reporter going through the process of becoming a gun owner in DC. Best quote:
Because despite the fact that my government trusts me to own a gun, I'm not sure how I feel about having a weapon that can send a piece of metal the size of a thimble hurtling through space with such speed that it could make someone's head explode.
I can honestly say that I have no idea how I feel about this issue, but that I think the author does a great job of reflecting the ambivalence of how an urban middle class white feels about both guns and living in a rapidly gentrifying city like DC.

No comments: