Friday, May 15, 2009

New Glaurs is so Platinum

New Glarus has got to be the sweetest most amazing beer I have ever had in my life.  But you cannot get it outside of Wisconsin.  

At first I thought this was a bad decision on the part of the brewery; with a tasty brew like theirs one would think they could make a fortune if they expanded.  Then it dawned on me.  Maybe they are making a good decision.  After all, every brewery that has ever good national has seen a decrease in the quality of their product. You may be able to point to instances where a brewery has keep their beer tasting good while going national, but the undeniable truth is that the majority of beers that have gone national have taken a hit in the realm of flavor. For example, Sierra Nevada, Leinenkugel's, ... then their's the obvious example, Pabst Blue Ribbon: god knows they're not getting any ribbons now-a-days.  

 

The fact is, New Glarus Brewing Co. is making a logical decision to keep their product a novelty and maintain the quality of their good.  It's rather long term value oriented and as much as I do think they could make quite a quick buck if they went national I understand where they're coming from and I support it. New Glarus, you're platinum to me.  


No comments: