Monday, September 8, 2008

And We Have A Winner!

Long time no see, Platinum-lovers. I apologize for the hiatus, but we here at KeepinItPlatinum believe in quality over quantity, much like our friends.



Well, for the contest I posted a week ago, we didn't have a super number of entries, but there was quality in each idea. In the end, big kudos go to S-Rod for identify ESPN's actual database of songs used when players come up to bat. Of particular interest was the number of players who had either no music or a different song everytime they went to bat. Unfortunately, none of the suggestions made me get that tingley feeling that amazing players get when they know they're about to dominate. For that reason, I've come up with my own list of several songs, all of which would be mood specific. I'm definitely interested in comments. Therefore, in line with my communitarian beliefs, we are ALL winners! Enjoy!



1. Best double entrendre song for a baseball after it just got hit and something we don't need to describe



2. Best song with a chorus that you just cannot resist cheering out loud



3. Best song for after there's been a rain delay



4. Song that you will inevitably hear at any St. Louis sporting event



5. Newest best alternative to The Final Countdown





And here is my choice. It's a song that not many people would recognize, but would still be my choice. If you know me, you'll understand why this song would be my choice, despite violating several of the rules that I laid out in the contest. Sorry everyone. National political parties don't have to be consistent, why should I? (HT Scot)

No comments: